WellUrban

Personal reflections on urbanism, urban life and sustainable urban design in Wellington, New Zealand.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Bar humbug

File under: , ,

Mystery bar #14 - stairsMystery bar number 14 proved easier than I expected for a brand new place. It looks like some of you were either keenly watching for what happened to the old Steamboat, or are much more familiar with the views out of Courtenay Place windows than is healthy.

The scungy old karaoke haven Steamboat has been transformed into a sleek yakitori and sake bar called Kazu, which I presume is an offshoot of its namesake restaurant in Tory St. I'd prefer a longer list of sakes, but it's an attractive place and I look forward to going back and trying some of the yakitori skewers (especially those that don't involve giblets).

That'll be the last mystery bar for a while, since I'll be away from Wellington over Xmas. Expect the odd post over the next week or two, but otherwise I'll be taking a little break from blogging. So thanks to all my readers, all the other bloggers I read, and especially all those who turned up to the inaugural meeting of the WWBCLS. Ka kite ano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home