WellUrban

Personal reflections on urbanism, urban life and sustainable urban design in Wellington, New Zealand.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Delayed PARK(ing)


The other day I rashly suggested a "street conversion" at the proposed Courtenay Park, to coincide with World Carfee Carfree Day tomorrow. Unfortunately, being an urban activist is hard when you're also a nine-to-fiver: I should have checked my meeting schedule first!

I can't make it tomorrow during the day, but how about 12 noon on Saturday? I'll bring some folding chairs and some light reading (Jane Jacobs, Jan Gehl), and if anyone else is keen, some pot plants would be most welcome. I'd offer to mix up some Martinis, but it might be counterproductive to put the liquor ban to the test.

If anyone decides to do something similar tomorrow instead, send me some photos and I'll document the action.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 am, September 22, 2006, Blogger Hadyn said...

"Carfee day"? Wow, a day for coffee as it's made in America. With the exception of New York where it's "caw-fee".

 
At 12:07 pm, September 22, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

Touché. Though a "car fee" day is not a bad idea: cars have to pay a fee to come into town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home