WellUrban

Personal reflections on urbanism, urban life and sustainable urban design in Wellington, New Zealand.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Seven deadly tags

File under:

Just when I had all sorts of plans to write some deeply earnest in-depth articles about sustainable urbanism, Kate goes and tags me. Gee, thanks. So here goes:

The Seven Deadly Sins
Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. Which (if any) have you broken? Give examples.

Lust: Yes.
I could give details, but a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell. But if you're talking about the realm of imagination rather than reality, there's always this photo (should be safe for work, unless your firewall doesn't like 80s electro glam pop).

Gluttony: Yes, but not as much as I used to.
I like to think I'm more gourmet than gourmand, but I still have my weaknesses. Two words: quattro formaggio.

Greed: Yes.
I am immune to the supposed appeal of much of the merchandise in our consumer society (expensive cars, plasma screen TVs, glowing chimps). But then again, Chateau d'Yquem and Prada shoes don't grow on trees...

Wrath: Not much.
Okay, some people piss me off no end. But I don't indulge in fisticuffs, and I've never used the word "F*cktard".

Envy: Occasionally.
In my youth, my family once stayed in a chalet near Interlaken that was owned by one of my father's ex-colleagues who'd "gone private". This was their second-smallest house, smaller than their family home in Bern and their beach house in Grenada (the real one, not the crap one) but bigger than their ski chalet, and it had about ten rooms. And in every single room, even the toilets, there was a Miro original.

Pride: Yes.
It's nice to be a Slithering Reptile rather than a Slimy Mollusc!


Hadyn, Ben, David, Dena and James: get tagged!

6 Comments:

At 12:22 pm, November 23, 2005, Blogger s. said...

Oooohhhhh you're hot for Charlie Ash. (Too) :P

 
At 1:18 pm, November 23, 2005, Blogger Tom said...

Isn't everyone? Including Charlie Ash.

 
At 3:58 pm, November 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, if, as you say, these are sins that have been "broken", does that mean that they have been conquered and now submit to your superior will, or does it mean that your commitment to them has splintered, distracted, perhaps, by pursuit of the seven virtues?
s.

 
At 4:24 pm, November 23, 2005, Blogger Tom said...

Yes, the sins have been "broken" in the first sense, which means that I have broken their spirit and I now own them. I'm getting some quite hefty dividends out of Lust, by the way.

Oh, and some may have noticed that I appear to have forgotten "Sloth". That's not true: I just couldn't be bothered writing about it.

 
At 9:46 am, November 25, 2005, Blogger Hadyn said...

Hey!

I get sick for two days, get near to recooperation and find not only that I have been tagged but made fun of for being a slimy mollusc!

Molluscs of the world unite!

Selah

 
At 2:12 pm, November 25, 2005, Blogger Hadyn said...

I just noticed you forgot "sloth" or is that yet unbroken?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home