WellUrban

Personal reflections on urbanism, urban life and sustainable urban design in Wellington, New Zealand.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Suburban neurosis

File under: ,

Hospital overcrowding means that some psychiatric patients are being housed in Whitby, and I think it's disgusting.

Not because, as their predjudiced NIMBY neighbours say, "we've all read stories about what they do to themselves and what they can potentially do to other people if they don't take their medication". No, these patients are suffering from depression, and are unlikely to pose a threat to anyone. But do they seriously expect a depressed person to get better in Whitby? I feel like topping myself after five mintues there.

3 Comments:

At 2:01 pm, February 14, 2006, Blogger Martha Craig said...

I know, I should have thought the Whitbyites would be glad of the interest. Most boring place in the world.

 
At 5:43 pm, February 15, 2006, Blogger the_sifter said...

lol (loudly).

I feel the same about Whitby...

 
At 9:18 pm, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I havent been so f***kd off with such insensitivity from a supposed fellow human being in awhile...oh, apart from the whaling!
Shall we go wreck havoc on Whitby!!??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home