Normally, Friday is mystery bar day, but since no-one's guessed last week's yet (yes, it is rather obscure: do you need hints?), here's a bunch of random stuff about the weekend instead.
- Diwali kicks off with a Bollywood dance competition tonight, but the main festival takes place in Civic Square from 3pm on Sunday, culminating in a fireworks display at 10pm.
- The name Jan Gehl should be familiar to WellUrbanites, and he'll be talking to Kim Hill tomorrow morning on National Radio.
- The national skateboard champs are being held at Waitangi Park this Saturday & Sunday, at the skatepark next to the new waharoa.
- Over at The Wellingtonista, Hadyn & I have come up with some Gridskipper-inspired ways to rid yourself of any excess cash. Any other suggestions are most welcome!
- Not that I need to remind you, but ... Craftwerk!
- And if you're a member of that tiny sub-sub-sub-demographic who wants to round off Labour Day by jamming with an international dub/electronica star, Canada's Deadbeat will be joining in the bleeping fun at Bleep #3 on Sunday night.